Feeling like doing something worthwhile? Want to make a contribution that matters? Want to get involved in you community? Want to make new friends and learn new things? Volunteering can help you as you help others.
Ways to Volunteer
- Helping on Fridays 8am - 1.30pm with set up for 8.30am and serving customers from 9am - make people smile
- Travelling to Brisbane to collect produce and goods from Foodbank and other outlets - it's an adventure. There is a big need for reliable volunteers to assist on trips to Brisbane. This is a full day trip and fitness is required.
- Packaging food items on Thursday - fun get together group. We really need helpers to re-package on this day.
- Helping unload supplies - good for some exercise. Usually Wednesdays
- Preparing lunch on Fridays - use your culinary skills
- Keeping in touch with sponsors and donors - networking and making community connections
- Being friendly and helping others make friends.
- Publicity officer
- Help raise funds grant applications
Volunteers need to follow Workplace Health and Safety regulations and food handling requirements.
How to get started
Contact The South Burnett Pantry General Manager Jim Bennett @ 0438071658